Clicking on any culture name on the Culture and Region Results Page will bring you to the Document and Paragraph Results View. This view presents a list of documents on the left-hand side of the window and the paragraphs from within those documents that match your search on the right. You should be aware of the following additional page elements and means for navigating the Document and Paragraph Results View.
1. Your chosen culture name will appear at the top left of the page. Beneath that, if you arrived at the page via Basic Search, you will see the keyword(s) that you entered for your search. This line will not appear if you entered via Advanced Search.
2. The Documents table is located on the left hand side of the page. At the top, you will find the total number of documents found for your search. The first column of the table indicates how many paragraph results per document there are. The middle column provides the Author's name, date of birth/death, and document title. The last column indicates the time coverage for that ethnographic document. You may sort the table by clicking on any of these column headers.
Footnotes (S1, S2 or S3) will indicate any documents matching the Standard Cross Cultural Sample. See Sampling in eHRAF for more information.
3. The Paragraph results are located on the right-hand side of the page. The header at the top will tell you the number of paragraphs matching your search. The paragraph results are organized by Document TItle/Author and numbered in a list. The OCM subject category matches for each paragraph are listed in the right-hand column.
By default, brief snippets or previews of the paragraph results are displayed with the searched term or subject appearing in bold.
4. Click on to toggle between the full paragraph and snippet view.
5. Click on to see the paragraph in its original context in the Full Context (Page Focus) View.
6. Click on any of the OCM categories to open a pop-up window with a brief description of the subject and related terminology.
7. Use the numbered range buttons or arrow buttons displayed horizontally across the top and bottom to navigate forward or backward through each page of the search results.
8. Use the drop down menu in the top right to increase or decrease the number of search results visible per page.
9. The Document titles in the list on the left are links. Clicking on any document title will sort the list of paragraph results on the right hand side of the page to show only the paragraphs matching the chosen document.
10. Use the check boxes to select any paragraph results that you wish to print or email. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Print and Email buttons. See Print or Email Paragraph Results for more information.
11. Click on beside any document title to copy or export the document citation in a variety of formats. See Citing eHRAF.